One of the "rules" of the challenge is that re-reads do count, but I really would like to avoid that if possible, unless of course I get a hankering for a little Twilight or True Blood! LOL!
Here's what I have so far:
'True Grit' by Charles Portis
'My Sister's Keeper' by Jodi Picoult
'The Lovely Bones' by Alice Sebold
'Eat, Pray, Love' by Elizabeth Gilbert
'Eragon' by Christopher Paolini
'The Golden Compass' by Phillip Pullman
'Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café' by Fannie Flagg
'A Far Off Place' by Laurens Van Der Post
'I Am Legend' by Richard Matheson
'The Last Unicorn' by Peter S. Beagle
'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' by Washington Irving
'The Lodger' by Marie Belloc Lowndes
'Never Cry Wolf' by Farley Mowat
'P.S. I Love You' by Cecelia Ahern
'The Picture of Dorian Gray' by Oscar Wilde
'The Power of One' by Bryce Courtenay
'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen
'Schindler's List' by Thomas Keneally
'Seabiscuit: An American Legend' by Laura Hillenbrand
'The Time Traveler's Wife' by Audrey Niffenegger
'Pygmalion' by Bernard Shaw (My Fair Lady movie)
'Déjà Dead' by Kathy Reichs (Bones TV Show)
'Darkly Dreaming Dexter' by Jeff Lindsay (Dexter TV Show)
'The Man Who Would Be King' by Rudyard Kipling
'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' by Stieg Larsson (I may read the others depending on how I like this one.)
Beastly by Alex Flinn
Ring of Bright Water by Gavin Maxwell
(The titles in italics are books I already own in one form or another.)
I'm also totally open to ideas from others so let me know if there's something you think I should read or might like!
I'm also totally open to ideas from others so let me know if there's something you think I should read or might like!
4 comments:
Lots of good ones on there, I love Water for Elephants and Time Traveler's Wife! If you haven't read The Hunger Games trilogy, you MUST! It is so good!
This is a great list - I'm adding some of these to mine. Also "On Stranger Tides" is the basis for the next POTC movie.
My daughter loved The Last Unicorn. I enjoyed the movie From Hell so I should read that one too - I think it's a graphic novel?
I forgot some of these were movies. I wonder if there's a master list somewhere of movies adapted from books?
I didn't even put 2 & 2 together that From Hell was a graphic novel - it's the same author as The Watchmen & V for Vendetta!
Ooh, I loved V for Vendetta. I am reading Picture of Dorian Gray on my Kindle. And I own The Power of One...one of my favorite books of all time.
Post a Comment