Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thank you potty chair gods!

Apparently they "spoke" to Bug last night and told her to make her mama happy and go potty for her - and she DID!! First thing this morning! I actually used MY brain for a change and put her on the potty right after I got her out of bed. I mean, what's the first thing I have to do when I get up? GO PEE! DUH! So did she!
I did learn that maybe she likes to go by herself too because she went while I was out of the room changing Dude's diaper. She didn't even realized she had done it. Even when I started telling her what a good girl she was and tried to get her to stand up - she didn't understand! It was pretty funny!
I made her a little poster that says "I went potty!" on it and hung it above her potty chair on the bathroom wall. I gave her a big Minnie Mouse sticker to put on it for her first one, and found a whole bunch of stickers in my scrapbooking supplies that I'm going to let her use.
Tonight when Daddy gets home from work, we go shopping for big girl undies!

2 comments:

kids taxi driver said...

Congratulations on your first success!!! Hopefully she will continue but don't give up if it doesn't happen right away, it may be a slow process starting with just the mornings until she figures out how to go.

Denise P said...

Whoo Hoo!! And that child will eventually sleep through the night, eventually, we hope!