Thursday, September 4, 2008

Potty Training & Patience

Apparently I have none! I've never done this potty training thing and I sure as heck don't remember back that far to know how my mom did it with me, but this is next to impossible!
Bug is totally willing to sit on her potty chair until the cows come home. It's the fact that I cannot possibly hang out with my daughter in the bathroom all day long waiting for a little tinkle. I have a one year old boy that either is in the bathroom with us tearing it apart, which in turn takes Bug's focus away from what she's supposed to be doing; or he's in another room, tearing it apart. I have no idea how I'm supposed to have the patience for poor Bug who really WANTS to go potty in her potty chair but doesn't have her potty timing down & Godzilla Dude who needs constant supervision so he doesn't tear the house to pieces! UGH! If I could just get something to entertain Godzilla Dude for a good half hour we would be golden I think but his attention span isn't even close to that!
Oh well - good thoughts and crossed fingers for a successful potty training I guess - my goal is to have her "trained" by Christmas - we'll see - especially when I've got so much "help"! So anyone out there with helpful hints would be welcome!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Heh heh... you said "golden" in a Potty Training post!

I wish I had advice for you but my kitty was very easy to train. ;o)

~Beth

kids taxi driver said...

Hang in there!! Is there a way you can move her chair into the kitchen or another room so you can keep an eye on both?

Anonymous said...

No idea here...the one positive thing about possibly doing daycare is getting help with that! :)

Denise P said...

no clue, but I wish you well! (And take notes, because this is in my near future!)