Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Halloween Planning - Already

I am one of those crazy women that waits untl after the holiday is over and goes to all of the super-duper markdown sales and buy everything for NEXT year. Well, last year I got this super cute plushie dragon costume for one of the kids. It's a 3T so I figure if we don't use it this year, it will work next year.
So I had this super cute idea where Bug can be the dragon, Dude could be a little knight, and daddy and mommy could be a king and queen. Well, daddy doesn't want to be a king, he wants to be the knight, and no just any knight. Apparently he used to work with a guy who makes chainmail - yeah - the real stuff. For some reason or another I just know this is going to turn into a travesty that every Halloween turns into. We end up planning everything in advance, but he always waits until the last minute to decide what he wants to do and I spend the entire day of the Halloween party sewing and cutting and fitting, etc. everything for HIS costume and have to throw something together for myself. This happens EVERY year.
I don't want to deal with this kind of thing this year PLEASE! So I'm highly considering holding onto the dragon costume for another year so that Dude can wear it instead, then Bug could be a princess, daddy can be the knight like he wants to be and they can leave me alone to eat the candy! LOL!
Oh and that's the other thing! Daddy wants to take Bug and Dude trick-or-treating this year. I still think they're too young! I mean we could teach Bug to say "Trick or Treat" but she can't eat most of the candy yet - at least I don't WANT her to eat it yet!! *SIGH*


*UPDATE*

I just pulled the dragon costume out of storage and it doesn't fit Bug!! She's too tall for it!! The bad thing is that it's a size 3T!!! It does however fit Dude quite well (it's a tiny bit big). So that makes things easier. Bug can be a princess, daddy can be a knight like he wants to & I'll figure some sort of something for myself!

No comments: