Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ouchie!

Sorry I've been away but it takes a lot of work to get to the computer "room" now.
Thanks to my darling husband, my foot is broken. It happened last weekend and it was an accident, so don't come tearing my door down to kick his ass or anything - that's already been taken care of! ;)

I just wanted to apologize for not keeping up with my Finished for Friday promise I made. I did get stuff done on the Friday before the breaking of the foot happened, and even accomplished a few tiny things this past Friday too, but just couldn't get to the computer to post them!

This has been absolutely the worst! I am so incredibly bored because I can't even do mundane stuff like laundry without my foot killing me. I'm in a walking "cast" (it's a giant boot really) that makes it impossible to walk from one end of the house to the other without tripping or twisting my leg a direction it's not supposed to go, etc. It's been really rough not being able to play with the kids normally, or go shopping, or even drive! I'm getting ZERO sleep at night because of the pain so work has been horrible because I'm so tired! The medication I'm on for pain makes me so sleepy too that I can't take it before work at all. I'm so tired at night (thanks to getting off work at 11:15 PM) that it takes every piece of strength I have (which isn't much) to not fall asleep behind the wheel. So far I've been lucky but I'm really nervous about driving when I'm so tired - I wish there was a way I didn't have to work so late or just not at all! Anyone know any good Power Ball lottery numbers?

So that's the update...nothing new but a broken foot and boredom setting in because of it. I have a followup X-ray on Tuesday to check to see if it's healing properly on its own or not so I'll know more then and try to update more often. It's just so damn painful to sit in this chair because there's nowhere to elevate the tree trunk on my foot to keep the pain down!

TTFN & I'll try to update more often if I can!
Thanks for reading!

No comments: