I can honestly say I wasn't exactly "ready" for Bug to move into a toddler bed from her crip - I mean it symbolizes she's growing up and I'm still not ok with that yet! However, with my newly aquired injury, I had been having a heck of a time lifting her in and out of her crib without tons of pain and I definitely did not want her learning how to climb out of her crib, so it was more out of my necessity for her being out of her crib than us being "ready" for that next step. I really didn't have any worries about Bug being ready for a "big girl" bed at all. Daddy and I had been asking her about it and getting her excited for one for about a week before we bought it, just so we weren't surprising her with something new and it scaring her (not that she gets scared of anything - ever). After we brought it home, Daddy put it together while Bug and Dude were napping. She was so excited to see it waiting for her in the living room when she woke up! She loves it and actually asks to go down for a nap and bed time now because she gets to go sleep in her big girl bed!!

We had a tiny issue the very first night at about 3 a.m. when she lost her blankets (onto the floor) and she woke up wanting to know where they were! It was so funny - no crying or anything, I just woke up to the sound of this teeny voice that kept saying "where's my Pooh
blankie". I went in and covered her back up, tucked the ends in and she was good for the rest of the night and every night since!
What's really cute is that Bug still waits for me to tell her it's
ok to get out of bed on her own and I don't need to come in and get her! I have to convince her every morning and after nap time that she can get up on her own.
The bed is a big hit with Dude too, luckily though not so much that he refuses to sleep in the crib in his room still. He just likes hanging out on it with his sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment