Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Farewell Pal!


In the summer of 2004, I went to my first Laughing Place meet. I met lots of people & a few of them I consider to be my best friends now. Two of those people I had the absolute privilege to meet were Wayne Allwine & Russi Taylor.

During the meet, they were introduced & stood unassuming in front of our crowd. No one around me seemed to have any idea who they were. Until Russi spoke...and then Wayne...I literally squealed (as did several around me) and broke out in tears (as did several around me). It was Minnie & Mickey Mouse!

They spent several minutes speaking to our group and I honestly don't remember being so awestruck in my life! I mean I knew Mickey & Minnie were voiced by actual humans, but how often do you think you'd ever meet them!

Wayne and Russi were so sweet and so personable! After the meet, they stayed around to meet absolutely everyone! I felt like I was reuniting with an Aunt & Uncle I hadn't seen since I was a child when I met them. I asked Russi rather shyly to do my favorite Minnie line. She was more than happy to give me a "Yoo Hoo", saying that no one ever asked her to do it. I was shocked! In a perfect Mickey Mouse voice, Wayne quickly followed with "Some imagination, huh" from Fantasmic! Which meant tons to me (I teared up yet again) because I had seen Fantasmic! for the very first time on this same trip!


I just wanted everyone to know about my first (and sadly only) meeting with the more than fantastic Wayne & Russi, because regrettably the world has lost Wayne Allwine. He will be greatly missed and want to send hugs and condolences to his family.
Say 'hi' to Walt for us! ;)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And now I'm teary again... I watched a few minutes of that Meet DVD the other night and caught a piece of Fantasmic. Between "Some Imagination huh?" and a shot of Tall watching I just about lost it...