Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm So Proud Today

As I watch the inauguration of Barack Obama I can't help these bouts of the chills I keep getting! No I'm not sick, its all of this new history that's unfolding right in front of me.
I teared up watching his 2 adorable little girls walk down that long hallway with huge smiles on their faces. The older girl carrying a camera as if she was a mere spectator and not the daughter of the man who is about to lead our country! Those little girls will grow up in the same future my 2 adorable children will. I'm so hopeful that this is the start of a GOOD future for them and all of us.
I cried when he took the oath of office. I'm not sure why exactly. It's history making for sure. Maybe because I am hopeful for change. Maybe it's just because its the first time I've seen an inauguration and actually understood what it meant and that I had a part in it for the first time!
With that being said - I am so proud of my country right now. Sure there may be hard times ahead but right now in this moment - I am proud of us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Me too!

Threeundertwo said...

It was an exceptional day, wasn't it? His tenure will change the future for our children. I cried too.

On another note, I've been feeding the cat chicken and rice food from California Naturals. We did a huge taste test and she picked that one - probably because it's the most expensive. Whatever. Why eat cat food when the big male human slave will feed you real chicken?