Monday, November 3, 2008

Week From Hell (sorry so long)

Can I just say how happy I am last week is over? I swear it was the worst week!! I don't even remember the exact order in which everything happened, but I remember it alllll started Sunday night at work. I got stuck on the phone with this crazy woman who kept me on until over an hour past my shift, the woman would NOT SHUT UP! Ugh - when I tried to go get help with her account after I finally got her off the phone, the only senior rep I could find was this total bimbo who did nothing to help me, only lectured me on doing something outside of policy when all I did was ask a question, I didn't actually DO what I was asking about...I left work that night in tears...again.
Dude came down with a really bad runny nose and a little cough earlier in the week, usually not a big deal, kids get colds, heck I get colds. Well, that night before bed the runny nose cleared up and he started getting kinda wheezy - kinda odd for a cold to move to one's chest so quickly, but whatever...well that night he couldn't sleep at all, no matter what position I put him in, laying down, sitting up, it didn't matter. Well not only that but the wheezing was getting really bad and his heartbeat was horribly fast. I finally got him to conk out at about 8:30 am and he woke up an hour later still wheezing. I called the pediatrician and took him in about an hour and a half later. The pediatrician walked into the room, but a stethoscope on Dude's back and said "he's got asthma". LOVELY! Unfortunately with Dude's eczema and allergies, it was pretty much a guarantee that he'd get asthma too. NICE! Poor kiddo! So now we have a lovely little machine called a nebulizer. Say it with me kids - neb-u-lizer. It's a charming little air compressor that shoots medicinal fog into my kids face to help him breathe better (I'm sure it's much more complicated than that but this is what I'm going with). The funny thing is, the mask that Dude has to wear while he breathes in the medicine is shaped like a fish head - so funny - Dude however is not amused. The pediatrician told us that he probably will only have breathing trouble when he gets sick until he gets older and starts being a lot more active, then it could show up more often or not, who knows...
To top all of this off, the couple (VERY good friends of ours) that host the Halloween party that we go to every year almost had to cancel the party because the husband had a heart attack (luckily it was a mild one and he flat refused to cancel the party no matter how bad he felt)! Then the same day we find out about our friend having a heart attack the day before, I get a text from one of my very best friends (you know who you are monkey memories) that she's in the hospital with a kidney infection and stones.
My mom left for Indiana on Thursday to be with her sister who had just had surgery on Tuesday to remove tumors (yes the cancerous kind). She'll be there for 2 weeks. (Incidentally, some of the only good news that week was the surgery went very well and my aunt may not even have to have any kind of treatments, they think they got it all.)
With Dude being sick, and then lovingly sharing with her sister, Daddy couldn't take the kids trick or treating on Halloween like he wanted to, but we did still end up going to the Halloween party on Saturday night. The kids had a blast with all of the glow sticks and popcorn and pretzels and a (fake) cemetery with all kinds of places they could run through and scare each other. Dude was dressed up as a dragon and Bug as Marie (the kitten from Aristocats)
Thankfully the week ended on a good note or may have had to check myself into the loony bin!!

No comments: